Find a COVID-19 Testing Centre

Find the closest location for you to get a COVID-19 test or clinical assessment

Take the COVID-19 self-assessment first to receive recommendations on what to do if you have symptoms of illness or tested positive for COVID-19. Take it for yourself or on behalf of someone else. 

Pharmacy Testing

View a list of participating pharmacies to get a COVID‑19 test or clinical assessment.

Frequently Asked Questions

There are two main publicly-funded types of COVID‑19 tests available in Ontario:

  • molecular tests  (which includes polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and rapid molecular testing)
  • rapid antigen tests

Both polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and rapid molecular tests are collected by a health care professional, or another trained individual, who swab your nose or throat.  At home PCR self-collection tests are also available and can be used by individuals to perform the test at home and be dropped off at a testing location for processing.  

PCR samples are sent to a lab to be tested and you get the results in a couple days. Samples taken during rapid molecular testing do not need to be sent to a lab and results are generally available the same day.

Rapid antigen tests detect certain proteins in the virus to confirm the presence of COVID‑19. A sample, which can be self-collected, is taken using a swab in the nose and/or throat and can produce a result in as little as 15 minutes.

Rapid antigen tests are available to the public for free.

The provincial self-assessment tool is for those who have symptoms of or tested positive for COVID-19. Once complete, it will provide recommednations on what to do next.

The self-assessment is only meant as an aid and cannot diagnose you. Anyone who is sick or has any symptoms of illness, including those not listed in this self-assessment tool, should stay home and seek assessment from a health care provider if needed.

Consult a health care provider if you have medical questions.


Connecting you to non-urgent health advice and information from a registered health care worker.

Call 811 or visit Health811.

211 Ontario

Connecting you to non-emergency community programs and social services.

Call 211 or visit 211 Ontario.